Hi, I am Elsie the cat. I am on a grand adventure. I have traveled through 9 states already and am still going. I have seen things a kitty could never imagine.
I am riding in this small and comfortable house. It moves around. I am a little nervous about it moving but when it stops I get to do some things I love.
During the driving part I sleep under the blankets. I feel safest there. As you can tell, I haven’t really seen a lot of those states I have traveled through.
I am getting brave enough to go out on a leash. I know where the door is and am beginning to ask, politely of course, to go out when we camp for the night.
Here are things that scare me.
- People I don’t know. That is just about everyone.
- Janet inviting people to see her RT. They come inside and I hide.
- Big animals. For 2 nights I saw horses and mules right outside the house. They scared me A Lot!!! I couldn’t take my eyes off them, though. When the mules talked I hid.
- Sudden movements.
- Big bodies of water. Janet takes me down to the edge of them but I run. Where the heck did all that water come from?
Here are the things that make me more comfortable.
- My stuffed toy. I like to carry it around.
- Being fed.
- Going outside when it is quiet. I was tracking a mouse about 2 weeks ago.
- Knowing my new house is close by in case I get scared.
- Laying in the front window and soaking up the rays. Vitamin D is good.
- Getting a skritch when I want one.
- Hanging out with Janet and trying to guess where we are going next.
I am now in North Carolina. For the past 4 nights I have been staying in a house. Janet’s friend Zoe offered us her house. I really like it. There is a giant screened in front porch and I can go out there and look around. No collar, no leash, just me. Sweet!!! I get to watch birds and try to stalk them. Darn that screen for being in the way. I am suspicious though that this is not going to last. I saw Janet spending time cleaning her RV yesterday. She doesn’t know I was peeking through the blinds.
I have become quite the traveling kitty. I am not fearless yet, but I am working on it.